Thursday, August 9, 2012

Now onto Luke and his first day with Mommy without his siblings. Let's just say he had trouble leaving the school. He didn't want to leave them there. I picked him up,and told him that we were going to have a fun day together just him and I. We got home and played with LOTS of cars,and blocks,and swords. He was even shocked and thrilled when Mommy let him eat lunch at the coffee table in the living room. Doesn't take much to make this child happy.

Off and on he would go grab his shoes and say "Bubba, Sissy, GO!" and walk towards the door. It was pitiful, I would say no,they're at school. I'd get him side tracked on something else for awhile before he'd do it again.

I guess I didn't realize how much he missed his brother and sister until we were having a snack and I had popped him some popcorn and he was eating it,and playing. Then he decided he would dump the cup of popcorn into the blocks bucket and when I confronted him about it he told me the baby doll that was sitting on a chair next to him had done it. Yes, this child is creative. This child keeps me on my toes,and is ALWAYS into something. The saying if it's too quiet they're into something they shouldn't be definitely applies to Luke. In the days that Adam and Olivia have been at school I've gotten him off of the top of Adam's bunk bed, out of the laundry room, out of our room,out of his closet where he was pulling all his shoes out,and out of the fridge where he likes to "hide".

I'm enjoying this special time with just him,that we've not ever had before. He's going to keep me laughing and young (or tired and sore) chasing him around the house all day playing. The Lord surely knew what he was doing when he gave me this no care in the world,no fear, energetic,into EVERYTHING little boy. This OCD mama needed a little eye opening in how to have a little fun. I still am very OCD,but can learn to let go every now and then thanks to him. I look forward to see where the Lord is going to take him!

Proverbs 23:25 

May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful!


No comments:

Post a Comment