Thursday, August 9, 2012

That time of the year...

Two days ago started the new school year for one happy little girl in our home. It brought many emotions to this mama on the other hand though. I was excited for Olivia to finally be able to join her big brother at school, and for her to enjoy all the things that she had been hearing him talk about doing last year. However, I realized my little girl was growing up, and I was going to miss having her home with me.

You see, I've learned how different girls are then boys. Other than for the obvious reasons. Olivia LOVES to talk,and give you a whole long drawn out story just to tell you that she got new shoes. That's just the way this girls works,she is very animated, she's outgoing, helpful, you name it, and this precious girl has it! So the thought of not getting to enjoy spending time with her for 6 hrs was hard.

Then the day of school came. I walked in to her room,saw her laying there so innocently and sweetly sleeping in her monkey pj's, and prayed a silent prayer for her and her day. I knelt down and kissed her and woke her up and I said "Are you ready to get ready for your first day of school?" to which she smiled SO big and said "Yes!" She quickly got up and got dressed,and we fixed her hair,and then she quickly went to go show daddy her outfit to see if he thought she looked pretty. (Insert big lump in throat)

I got her some breakfast and she was struggling to eat with all the excitement she had built up. She kept asking if it was time to go yet, literally every 2 mins. Finally,after some pictures it was time to go. She couldn't get to the door or van quick enough. We arrived at school and if it weren't for her slow walking brother (who knew what to expect and while excited was not in any hurry to get inside) she would have already been in her room. We left brother off in his room,and were off to hers. She had a skip in her step and a smile on her face,and was talking the whole way to the room. I kissed and hugged her,and she eagerly got in her room and proceeded to take her Tinkerbell lunch box out hand it to the teacher,and put her book bag up as if she been doing this for years. She walked to her chair,with not even another glance back at me,and got in her chair and finally her eyes spotted mine again,and I blew her a kiss to which she blew one back and then gave me a thumbs up as if to say "I'm good,now GO!" (again insert HUGE lump in my throat) I left and choked back those tears that were flooding to my eyes.  That precious outgoing little girl of mine was starting that new adventure in her life called school,and she couldn't be more excited.




Oh and that outgoing, not afraid of anything,willing to try something new once, girl, decided that even though she had eaten before she left for school was going to get a breakfast tray when her class went together for breakfast. Even after the teacher asked her if she had eaten,and had the other students who had, sit at the table. I had gone in the cafeteria to put money on her account incase of emergencies like a dropped juice,or dropped lunch. Thankful I did,cause she was proudly walking out with her tray right after I had just put that money on there. She saw me and showed it to me with a big grin on her face. How could I get upset,I just chuckled to myself and later talked to her discussing that she didn't need to eat breakfast twice. I also asked her..."So,since you ate again,what did you have?" She very proudly said "A DONUT!". Can't say I blame her on that one. See why I love her?! I thank the Lord everyday for giving me a spunky,talkative,precious little girl to love. I look forward to see what great things the Lord has in store for her.

Jeremiah 29:11   

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment